PTA (Parent Teacher Association)
OUR MEMBERS: All Anglophone Section parents and teachers are members of the PTA . The Anglophone Studies, Advanced English and Discovering English programs are all part of the Anglophone Section.
THE BOARD: The PTA Board is comprised of parents of Anglophone Section students who hold the positions of President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary as well as the Anglophone Section Director and Assistant Director.
THE MEETINGS: PTA meetings are held monthly throughout the school year and are open to all members of the PTA. We encourage parents to participate in our convivial and productive meetings and activities. The PTA is a particularly interesting way for new parents to participate in their children’s new school.
OUR MISSION :
- to reinforce our families’ diverse Anglophone cultural experiences through holiday celebrations and gatherings;
- to facilitate the transition of new families into the Anglophone Section and La Tour;
- to provide information about the events and developments in the Anglophone Section through a newsletter and PTA meeting minutes;
- to improve the practical aspects of the educational experience by purchasing second copies of textbooks to be available at school and audiovisual equipment;
- to contribute financial assistance for trips and various extracurricular activities;
- and generally speaking, to keep abreast of the ways we can contribute through volunteer work, fundraising or financial assistance to enable the teachers and the students to continue the many extra-curricular activities and events that make the Anglophone Section so unique.
For more information feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
A Midsummer Night’s Dream